Monday, January 26, 2009

Double Header

This, my friends, is a double post day. I know, its fucking unheard of. There should be parades in the streets and hookers on every corner. Sorry, I don't have the resources for those things. But I have a question that I need to discuss with myself, so you'll just have to indulge me. I discovered, today, that someone who is supposedly a friend to me is being dishonest. Not that the person is being immoral. As far as I'm concerned, you can be a sinner or a saint. I don't care. Each person is what he wants to be. Who am I to judge a choice that is not mine? Sinner or saint? Irrelevant. But why are people two-faced? I believe it is because they think it is a quicker way to a goal. Ruthlessness never hurts when you're competing. Most people must resort to being ruthless when all other attributes even out. This implies that the victim is otherwise their equal. Why, then, would one be ruthless towards a person half their age, whom is not even playing the same game? I mean, if I'm playing Battleship, I'm not going to throw a brick at someone else across the table if their board has a funny little man with a mustache and a black top hat. Its just not productive. So why would this occur? Maybe the person doesn't realize that not everyone is playing the same game. A disastrous mistake if you ask me. I think I'll go along with it. For now. I now know that the person is not, in fact, a friend to me. Good thing he hasn't been seen as a friend for very long anyway. As it goes, no skin off my teeth. If, however, the player decides to sit down at my game of Battleship, he will have quite another matter to deal with.












In regards to my last post... I guess self preservation does, occasionally, suit me.


On the beat box: Jack Johnson - Banana Pancakes

0 comments: