Saturday, January 3, 2009

Running out of Fingers...

Alright, so I know this isn't exactly breaking news, it happened a couple of months ago, but oh my god Kelly Slater is a FUCKING MACHINE. Every time I think about it I just can't believe it. The guy won his 9th World Surfing Title in 2008. Let's think about this for a minute. NINE.


Lance Armstrong won seven Tour de France titles. Tiger Woods has won seven PGA money titles. Dale Earnhardt won seven NASCAR Winston Cup titles. These guys are legends in their respective sports. The best of the best.

Seven seems to have been the magic number. Key phrase: "have been".

Not that seven was ever my lucky number. In fact, I wore the number nine throughout my entire soccer career. By choice. Nine was, and still is, my lucky number - if you really want to call it that. Not to say that I'm any cooler than I've ever previously been (which is actually pretty damned cool if you ask me) for having worn the same digit on my shirt as Kelly currently has world titles.

In fact, I hope there's a new magic number next year.

Have a look at the picture. Looks to me like Kelly thinks he's already halfway there.

Ten, anyone?


On the beat box: Jack Johnson - Rodeo Clowns

0 comments: