Friday, January 9, 2009

Outcome

Alright, so maybe it wasn't a blowout. Maybe the Gators didn't quite separate themselves from the Oklahoma impostors as much as I would have liked. Maybe that lends a bit of credit to Oklahoma. Or maybe I'm just drunk and giving too much credit where none is deserved (true; drunk, that is). Supposedly the most prolific scoring offense in division one FOOTBALL HISTORY... my anus. Yeah, thats right. My. Anal. Orifice. The highest scoring and supposed best offense in college football history couldn't score more than 14 points against the Gators? Get the fuck over it, people. The Gators held the Sooners to less than half of their previous low score for the season. I will restate the absolute obvious. What happens when the Sooners encounter a mediocre defense? They lose. What happens when the Sooners encounter the Gators? Feeding time.

Now, just because I'm a cocky motherfucker, I will further validate my previous post concerning the defensive points allowed for each team. I will state now that the statistics that I uncovered were deadly accurate when compared to the title game.

I stated on Tuesday that before their one loss of the season, Oklahoma allowed 18.3 points per game. After their one loss, they were allowing an average of 29 points per game from opponents. These two figures combine for a season 23.8 points per game allowed by Oklahoma. Remember that number.

I also stated that the Gators allowed 12.5 points before their loss to Ole Miss, and after their loss allowed an average of 13.0 points per game from opponents. These combine for a season 12.8 points per game allowed. Remember, if you will, this number as well.

Would anyone like to recall the score of the National Title Game? Gators 24, Oklahoma 14.

Compare this score with the statistics stated above. In the National Title Game, Oklahoma allowed 24 points, just 0.02 points above their season average. Need I say more? The Gators allowed 14.0 points to Oklahoma in the National Title Game. This, just 1.2 points over their average of the entire season.
Both teams gave up almost exactly as many points as they had previously set a precedence for.

If I ever find myself the coach of the most prolific offense in the history of the game (which I most certainly will not), I would expect that offense to score more than one point over my opponent's season average of points allowed. Especially if my fans talk as much trash as Oklahoma's do. Although, I guess most of Oklahoma's fans don't have the IQ to figure out how to back up their own arguments. Especially when those arguments are completely unfounded and irrational.

The proof was on the scoreboard, for all to see. The proof was in the crystal football, held on high by Tim Tebow, for all to see.

Two words:

Go Gators.




On the beat box: We are the Boys of Old Florida

0 comments: